Saturday, February 2, 2013

Goldwork Class at winter needlework market

One of the best things about the winter market for me are the classes. I take a class each morning before the market opens and I have to be at my booth.Yesterday, I took two wonderful classes from Lucy  Barber who is the USA Course Coordinator for The Royal School of Needlework in San Francisco. She is an absolutely delightful young lady who apprenticed at the Royal School and graduated with Distinction. She was a wealth of knowledge and skill.  She stitched  an exquisite piece as a gift to Queen Elizabeth  for her Diamond Jubilee.

Here is the piece we worked on in class. 
Here are some more samples we saw in class.

.If you are looking for a book on Goldwork, the RSN has an excellent small
reference book in its series of books for purchase which I carry in the store.

Well, off to market . Look for pictures of the items I purchased at  Sample It last evening and other new great things coming soon to Quail Run Needlework.

No comments:

Post a Comment